Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh the temptations of sugar.

I've been trying a no sugar thing until Thanksgiving gets here. No sugar unless you forget about it, that is. I genuinely forgot two or three times, but also ate a sugary treat two or three times on purpose. Today was one of those on purpose moments....

So you know how in english we get extra credit for bringing treats? Well, i had english today. Two people brought treats. The first brought little fun size snickers and I thought


well...it's really small. And that's all I will have today. It's only one. I will think about it some more. 

Next, there were donuts passed around. From Standards Night last night (which was pretty good). They had left over treats so my friend brought some to class. Easy extra credit....too easy.


Donuts. This should be easy to pass by. They don't look appetizing at all. 

"Donut?"
"No thank you"

I was safe. Then, out of the deep darn blue, the girl with the snickers came back for another round. She had extras....

She put that second Snicker on my desk

Oh great. Now what do I do? 


I sat and stared at those two for about 20 minutes (not paying attention to the lesson) debating whether or not I should eat them. After all, it says "Hungry? Grab a Snickers." I was hungry...

I decided to eat just one. For now. It tasted really good....I wish it had made me gag. About 30 minutes later, I found myself staring at the second candy bar again.

Should I...should I not....it's so small. But I really shouldn't. 


I did anyways. BAD idea. It made me sick. (Sugar makes me sick really easily these days) I should have learned my lesson when I had that last treat...and the one before....and then that other one.

But I don't. I'm going to try harder though! Promise. I hope.

I've said that before though...

For the record...hot chocolate doesn't count in this (for me at least, I don't know about you Allysh). It's too cold and very much a sin not to have hot chocolate or cider in the winter. Hey, I only have half a packet (when I use packets) or I make homemade with very little sugar and chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. I need to recommit. With Ben out of town, I ate a few too many mini-candy bars from Halloween. Cocoa is a tough one. I think I'd stick to cider.
    Carry on! One week! {And I really should go until Thanksgiving.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can sweeten your hot choc with stevia or agave both of which are in our cupboard and they both taste great. You should discover their uses - it would make your life just a bit sweeter.

    ReplyDelete