Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sports Hero Day

Today I skipped classes and went to volunteer! BYU does a thing where they bring 6th graders to campus and then break them into groups and the volunteers are in charge of about 15-20 kids. We take them around to different stations with different sports. I took my group to Volleyball, Football, Baseball/Softball, Women's Soccer, and Men's Track.

It was a blast you guys, and such a great experience. Those kids are amazing and I hope they grow up to do something extraordinary.

The athletes had good messages and fun activities for the kids to do. Then after we had gone to all the stations we all met together for a pep rally and a cheerleader, the Women's Soccer team goalie, Tyler Haws, and Kyle Van Noy and spoke. They all had awesome little speeches. I hope they know how much these kids really do look up to them.

When I said by to my kids, two of the boys (the ones who had more of a "I'm going to do what I want" attitude) gave me a hug! It was so sweet and it made me just happy :) My group was the best.

I can't wait til I get back from my mission so I can participate in this again! If you happen to come across this post and go to BYU and have never done Sports Hero Day, I HIGHLY recommend it! Seriously.



           --------------------------------------------------

By the by, in case by some random chance you didn't know...I DO have my mission call. It came yesterday. BUT I have to wait until Saturday afternoon. I want to open it ASAP.

Don't worry. I will be just barely alive enough to open the call and read it.

And in case you are trying to read the postage to figure out where I'm going, they changed it. That "stamp" they have there has absolutely nothing do to with where you are going. It's one of those "oh good" and "dang it..." kind of things.

1 comment:

  1. AAAaaaahhhhh!!!!
    I'm dying!
    Not as much as you are, I'm sure.

    That sounds fun, Sports Hero Day.

    ReplyDelete