Monday, January 28, 2013

Louisville, Kentucky

Random.

But! Perfect.
It's where I'm supposed to be.


If I'm going to be honest I was a little caught off guard. I wasn't expecting it at all.

The moment I read it (in my head, before the fam bam knew) I absolutely KNEW it was where I was supposed to be. And so I cried. Then I read it out loud and stopped crying.

I'm going to Louisville? Kentucky??? What? 


After going back to my apartment and watching the BYU basketball game I decided to pull up pictures of Kentucky. Everyone had said how pretty it was and to be honest I didn't really believe them. Now I do. And I knew while I was looking at those that I would be going back. Hello beautiful picture opportunities!


Going on a mission is not about where you go, or the language you speak. It's all about bringing others to Christ and serving them and the Lord.

As my mission prep teacher pointed out - "It's not your mission, it's the Lord's mission." We are the tools in His hands who have the opportunity to help Him bring his children back home.



What a wonderful blessing the gospel has been in my life and I want to share it with others - especially those in Kentucky (and Indiana and Illinois). It is the true source for happiness for me.

I hope to meet many wonderful and great people and try and help their lives to be better!


*random little things about my mission*
@I hope to somehow learn to ride a horse sometime while I'm there
@It not only covers a lot of Kentucky but it goes into Indiana and Illinois as well
@I hope I get lots of opportunities to do some manual labor for service! (yeah, this is still Caitlin here)
@There is a girl in my ward going to the exact same mission and leaves the same day. (oh, May 29th by the way)
@If you say "Kentucky Fried Chicken" to me I will not be happy with you. Please, just don't do it.
@I hope I can understand the accents....
@I think it's all four seasons? I've been trying to find out what the weather is like at different times of the year there but haven't had much luck. Granted I haven't tried too hard to find out
@I wish I could take my Canon, but I don't think it's the smartest idea. I am taking a point and shoot though (and I can't find mine!!! So please if you've seen it tell me, Familia! And if you prayed we could find it before I leave that would be nice too)
@I am in the MTC for 2 weeks then I'm gone. Ah.
@My mission Presidents look like Mission Presidents...they look like very nice people.
@I am STOKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment