Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Valentines day. Lovers day. Single awareness day. Whatever you want to call it.


In elementary school I loved the holiday because, hello, free candy! AND in the early days of elementary you even got to bring your own box decorated all cute and pink and purple. 


Then I entered Jr. High. What a dumb place to be. I learned to not care one slight bit about Valentines day. Probably because I never, and never have before or since then, received an actual Valentine.

Once I got into high school I just didn't pay attention to the day. Who cares? Not me. It wasn't anything to look forward too by all means. I had no romantic interest. (Well, I had interests...but I wasn't being interested in).


Now. I am in college. And these past couple of days I have been excited for hearts and pink and love everywhere. Why??? Because I have a boy this time!!!!


HA! Jokes on you. There is no boy whatsoever. However, I actually am oddly excited for February 14th. Although when it really comes down to the day, I may be dying and watching a chick flick and crying inside my head wishing I had a boy (not that I don't already do that...). Whenever I tell someone (particularly my guy friends) that I wouldn't mind having a real boyfriend their faces are like this:

Via Google Images


And then they ask "Okay...is this really Caitlin?" Those are exact words. 


Not saying I'm asking for a boyfriend...I'm not. I just wouldn't mind one :)


Yeah, yeah. I'm going on a mission (call comes this week). I remember. 


Anyways. I'm excited for Valentines Day and I don't know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment