Saturday, August 18, 2012

3 Second Romances

I love 3 second romances. I decided that right now, for me at least, they are the best kind.


You may be wondering what a 3 second romance is. You may already know what a 3 second romance is. And then you may have a different idea of a 3 second romance than I do. 

So let me see if I can explain this. 



A 3 second romance is when you make eye contact with someone, whether you know them or not, and there is something going on there. And you know that both of you know it. It's just something small, but it's there. Which then makes you smile with your eyes - or if you're able to hide it or no one is around, with your lips. 


It could happen to a friend, or someone you're just driving by. The later of the two is my favorite. 


A couple weeks ago I was driving up the hill when I pass the entrance/exit of a neighborhood and there was this guy on a scooter...or possibly a motorcycle. Anyway, he didn't have a helmet on (which is not a good idea) and so I was able to see his beautiful face. We made eye contact, and this was one of those cases where he smiled...and I smiled....and then when he couldn't see me anymore I smiled even bigger just because it made my day and it was so cute. He was also going the same way I was so this turned into a 30 second romance :D I tried not to be weird and look at my mirror every 2 seconds just to look at him. I was able to contain myself. I only looked every 10 seconds. Then I turned and went on my way and he kept going and we will never see each other again. 


Whether this is just something that is ALL in my head or not, I still prefer it to a real romance when it comes down to it. Give me a couple years and I may be up for a 1 day or even 1 week romance.  Add a couple years on to that and I might even have a life long romance! Ha! 


I'll have that life long one with this kid...

1 comment:

  1. Great way to describe those single girls moments....you are going to enjoy college. There are many opportunities for such things.

    ReplyDelete