Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{Why I do what I do}

Blogging:
  For a couple of years now every one under the sun has had a blog - whether they were in high school, college, married life, single life, travel life, or just had something to share. Last summer I wanted to start a little blog just to show some of my pictures that I take and nothing more, but obviously it has become much more than that...I actually talk about my life a bajillion times more than I post pictures of mine. And I really enjoy it. It's good for me to be able to talk about different things and let people know a little bit about my life with out having to actually talk to them. Not that I don't like to talk to people, just that I don't often get the chance to. It's always been hard for me to share things about my life: experiences I've had, how I feel, talents, and such. I feel like I'm imposing on others time when I talk to them. When I get the chance and a good opportunity comes up, then I love to talk to people and let them know what's really going on in my life and how I feel about this and that. But usually my answers to people when they ask me things are "alright", "eh", "fine", "I don't know", "don't ask" and everything else under the sun like that. I just don't like to get very personal all that often.   So I've found it a very nice thing to have a blog where I can sit and think about what I'm going to say and have people read on their own time. It's a place where I can think "should I really say that?" instead of accidentally just opening my mouth and saying it.  I try to keep this blog light, uplifting, and fun. I've been trying my hardest not to vent on here seriously about anything. If I do it should just be a vent like "this snow is killing me" and "why in the heck are the flowers dying?! They need to stay forever and never leave. This is unbelievable". See? not serious venting. If I ever go overboard, please let me know. Thanks. A reason I don't like to be negative is I like to make people laugh and go away from my blogging feeling better or happier, even if it's just a little bit. I realize that might not always be the case, but I try.
  There's a shortened answer of why I blog.

Photography:
   I know I know I know, every person on this earth says they're a photographer. I am saying that I am not a photographer. I just really love to take pictures. I can't stop. It's too addicting. That's why I come away from a trip with a thousand and one pictures - I just have to keep taking one more picture. Also, to get one good picture you have to take a million, and it would be nice to get a good picture every once in a while :)  I love taking pictures of kids. They are just care free and don't care what they look like and so they just are themselves in front of the camera. Whether it's a serious, funny, of candid picture. And they are younger than me, so I don't feel intimidated :D I like the outdoors and I wish I could take pictures of what I see. I always try to do that, but it's never as beautiful as when I see it. Wouldn't it be great if we good just take pictures with our minds just how we see it? There would be even more amazing photographs in this world. I like to try to capture those images. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does I absolutely can not get this huge grin off my face. It makes me excited. Like blogging, I don't do photography because everyone else does it, I do it because I love it. Photography makes me happy.

Piano:
  To those that know me you probably think I hate piano, but you also know that I really don't :) Of course there are times when it makes me frustrated and go crazy and am ready to break my piano into pieces, but I really do love it most of the time. The feeling of getting a section down or finally putting the whole song together is a feeling like nothing else. Or when you are able to make a piece sound so beautiful that you play it over and over again just to let yourself know that it's you playing that. Then there are those times that you are able to get your fingers fast enough that it's up to the highest tempo of a fast song and you feel so. darn. cool. I have taken piano off and on since 1st grade. I could be better, but I don't practice enough. I don't have the discipline to do it. I have improved a lot since I've starting taking lessons from my sister in-law (the most amazing piano player ever) and it's been great to learn a lot of things from her! I love the feeling of success, and I hate the feeling of failure (as I'm sure we all do) which is why piano can be a little scary. But I keep going because of that feeling of success that comes every once in a while. Piano is also something that can calm me down when I'm having a bad day or am in "the lame zone". It's nice to be able to sit down, play a couple songs you know at different tempos, with different dynamics, just testing things out and then also try and attempt a random song you don't know. It's relaxing to me when it's just random and not actual practicing. :) The big question is, so I go through the summer? Or stop at the end of the school year? I've thought about this way too much and still have no idea what to do. 

Not many people know I have a blog, or that I love photography, or that I play piano. I just realized that. Huh...

3 comments:

  1. I had the exact same thought the other day about taking pictures with our minds! Phones rarely do the scene justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin I love your blog, your photos (and yes I think you are a photographer along with being a talented writer and pianist)and one of the very favorite parts of my day is hearing you play the piano. I think you should take through the summer. Why not! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing ! Always enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete