Thursday, December 1, 2011

December

It's OFFICIALLY Christmas season. And although I have been listening to Christmas music for 3 weeks (don't shoot me) I'm still super stoked to listen to those that I have not listened to. The ones that are totally sacred and meant only for december. Aaaand a week and a half after Christmas. Those would be Kenny G, Harry, Amy, Al Green, etc. I have been listening to mainly the radio weirdness and the angel David A (that's who I'm listening to right now).


Now that it's December I thought I would put some things that have belonged to this month since I was a kid. Some things I will list are things that we don't do anymore. I will mark those with a *. Let the list begin

Amy Grant
Harry Connick Jr.
Kenny G
Mannheim steamroller
pretzels
mint M&M's
mint kisses
get and decorate our real tree on the first saturday of Dec.
singing on the 3rd Sunday
Luke 2
* reenacting (spelling?) Luke 2 (being Mary was pretty much the best. Getting to ride in on someones back carrying my doll...yep. That was the way to go)
White Christmas (movie)
wassail
neighbor treats
snow
*performances by the kids
fire place
cinnamon
gingerbread cookie decorating
*getting a picture with Santa/ seeing him at the mall
*looking for Rudolphs nose (thanks to Bethany)
*reading a Christmas book every night with mom
christmas puzzles
presents
*surprise presents
sledding
the Chipmunk song
*drawing names from a bowl
Christmas Eve dinner
egg nog with sprite
waking up early and waiting on the stairs
driving around looking at lights
temple square
opening presents youngest to oldest
*"We Three C's"


That's all I can think of at the moment. Then there has been a couple things added in like R&B Christmas mix, rotating names, knowing my presents, David Archuleta, etc etc.

I was going to initiate December in with these, but I didn't have time. Tomorrow maybe?



Some boys act like girls and get offended like that (*fingers snapping*) (and name that movie) and bring to pass ridiculously stupid drama. It's super annoying. Just throwing that out there.

Yay for manly men! :D

And yes, next year I'm waiting until December to listen to that magical music. Or at least after Thanksgiving, because it does make it a lot more exciting. Darn giving into temptation(s) (haha...get it?)

2 comments:

  1. Quite a memorable list! Brought back many images of the past and some great feelings. It is a great time and the music is worth WAITING for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that temptation will bite you in the back every time! That was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete