Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the big day and a happy surprise

Well, the birthday was pretty much a success. Let me sum it up for ya a bit.

I woke up, went to school. First period, they sang to me. Which was very nice of them, and I should enjoy and appreciate it, but the fact is that I don't really enjoy being the 'center of attention'. So those kinds of things aren't really my style. Oh well, it was very kind of them.
Second period was pretty normal. Except my best friend saying in a not at all obvious "normal" voice that it was by birthday. Haha, Thanks :D
Third period, no one knew it was my birthday until class was let out (which is fine with me). Then my teacher found out and I got a candy  bar out of it. Woot!
Lunch. They sang again....a little awkward. Again, they had good intentions. I hope.
Fourth period was normal. I was only there for about 20 minutes though before I got checked out to go to lunch with my mom. Yay!

Lunch with mom. We went to Kneaders. I got their chicken salad sandwich, she got some chicken cranberry sandwich....


Then we got their turtle cheesecake. Both courses of the meal were great



Then after lunch we went shopping for clothes.

Here is the thing with shopping...most of the time I really don't enjoy it. So having to do it on my birthday kind of put me in a not so great mood. Sorry mom. But I did find a couple things.



I got me some Toms! Finally. I've been waiting for these :)


Found 2 cute shirts...



And I got a 1 3/4 inch curling iron, which is even BETTER than a  2 inch

After shopping I went with Natalie to the BYU creamery for some awesome ice cream and we walked around campus! I was hoping to run in to Riley Nelson...but I saw Abouo...again. He is the only one I see. Everywhere. Seriously. We then came home and eventually got locked out of the house while they worked on the following calendar:

Jake :D

Branson, from Downton Abbey

I don't have a thing for this guy, but you can't leave out good old Santa Clause

And of course there were others. But I'm not going to post them.

While we were waiting, me and Natalie took a million and a half pictures. Of ourselves, of course.

cause we are hot.



we are pretty darn cool too.




Later that night my friend texted me to come outside. And this is what I found...

My friends brought me a candlelit dessert made up of cookies, brownies, and ice cream.  It was pretty great.

Aaaand that pretty much sums up my day. Over all....it was good.

Hey...I'm 18 :)



Oh. And guess what I found in this lovely cupcake of mine.
Um...yeah...$25. I don't remember putting it there. It's even better than finding a dollar bill in your back pocket. I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I enjoyed shopping with you anyway. 18 - unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete