Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPpy New Year!

The new year is always interesting to me. It's obviously the time everyone makes their new years resolutions, but it seems that everyone always expects to break them. They say "this year I will actually go through with my resolutions....we'll see how long this lasts." 

I've never been one myself to really make resolutions or goals - even though I probably should. But I'm just as bad as the next person...I end up ending those resolutions a couple months, if not a couple days, after the new year begins.

So the questions is what are we going to do about it? Are we going to just not even try to make resolutions anymore? Do we keep up with the old habit of starting then stopping? Or do we actually try and go through with our goals? I, for one, am going to pick one goal for me to work on this year. Only one.

That doesn't mean I won't have other goals that I will want to do, and habits I want to develop, but as far as really focusing on a new years goal, I'm just picking one. You may think I lack ambition, which may be true, but I also know that taking things a teaspoon at a time can be more productive than grabbing a whole handful. Maybe eventually as I work up to I will be able to handle that handful!


Ready to hear my goal?
                                    
                           I am going to write in my journal at least three times a week.

Why not actually try for writing everyday? Because I know I wouldn't do it. What it the point of making a goal that you know may be little more than you can handle? If I can handle writing 3 times a week for a couple months, then when I get on my mission it will be my goal to do at least 4-5 times a week and then hopefully I will get it up to everyday.

One step at a time, folks. Don't push me (or yourselves).


There is my one New Years Resolution.






P.S. The papers go in Wednesday
      I've been waiting over a month to put those finished papers in. I find myself thinking a lot of the time "meh. I don't need another semester, I'm ready to just get out." But then I realize that I do need this next semester...don't know why. Maybe it will just make me more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment