Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mission, here I come!

I know. EVERYONE is blogging, posting, and tweeting about this. But the announcement that worthy LDS young women who are 19 can go on a mission is incredible. It's an answer to my silent thoughts and prayers. And the fact that this announcement was made the week I turn 19 makes it all that more exciting! Serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is going to be PRIME.

When President Monson was announcing this super awesome announcement, I was assuming he would be lowering the age to 20 instead of 21; since he just lowered the boys age from 19 to 18. When he said girls could serve at 19 I could not believe it. I started crying and kept saying "Oh shoot, oh shoot, oh shoot" over and over again. I was in shock and had no idea what in the world I was going to do. Shortly after I was able to calm down and think. I realized what a blessing this will be for not only me, but a ton of other women out there and I knew I was supposed to leave when prompted to do so, and I knew that would be very soon.

While I'm not sure whether I will be going to school next semester or not, I do know that with in 7 months I should be gone. It's scary and I don't know what's in store for me or where I'll go, but at the same time I am amazed and completely excited at this opportunity.

Going from thinking I will be leaving on my mission in two years, to knowing that I will be not here this time next year (with in 3 seconds time) is crazy! Good crazy of course. :D

Last night I pulled out my scriptures and read Doctrine & Covenants chapter 4:


Section 4

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet to his father, Joseph Smith, Sr., at Harmony, Pennsylvania, February 1829 (see History of the Church, 1:28).
1–4, Valiant service saves the Lord’s ministers; 5–6, Godly attributes qualify them for the ministry; 7, The things of God must be sought after.
 Now behold, a amarvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
 Therefore, O ye that embark in the aservice of God, see that yebserve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand cblameless before God at the last day.
 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are acalled to the work;
 For behold the afield is white already to bharvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up incstore that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
 And afaithbhopeccharity and dlove, with an eeye single to thefglory of God, gqualify him for the work.
 Remember faith, avirtue, knowledge, btemperancecpatience,dbrotherly ekindnessfgodliness, charity, ghumilityhdiligence.
 aAsk, and ye shall receive; bknock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen.
Via 

I know this gospel is true and I am so privileged to be able to have the chance serve as a full time missionary for the church.


The church is indeed true, people. I know it. :D

7 comments:

  1. Dear Caitlin,
    You are going to be fabulous! I have always looked up to you, and it will be great for other people who you are serving to do the same. Good luck, keep me posted:)
    Love,
    Lauren VanCott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren, that really means a lot to me. :) I will definitely keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. I love D&C 4! Serving a mission is an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!! I am so excited for you. You are going to be a fantastic missionary! This is so crazy and is going to change everything. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was wonderful Caitlin. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be a wonderful representative of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete