Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's not Christmas and I'm an odd ball.

Last year I cheated, and started listening to Christmas music 2 weeks before December. I vowed to never do it again. It really does take away the magic of Christmas music and the excitement. Although I'm always sad and feel that I didn't have enough time to listen to the joyous, amazing, and fun songs of Christmas when it comes to January. I will usually listen to it a couple weeks into the new year then pack it up to wait for next year!

By doing so it keeps the excitement of the music there the whole time period you are listening to it. Last year I actually found myself ready to be done with it. Which NEVER ever  happens. I will make sure that won't happen again!


Why this random post about Christmas music? Because A) People are putting up Christmas stuff already and it makes me sick. Maybe not sick....but disappointed. It just isn't the same. And hey, lets not forget about Thanksgiving! Which brings me to B) I've come to the realization of my love for the Thanksgiving hymns this year and I don't want to skip over those! And then C) PEOPLE ARE PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC ON THE PIANO. And others are requesting those songs as a warm up in ward choir. I jumped on that one like it was going to start the biggest fire in the world. Really, as soon as it was mentioned I objected and made sure everyone knew it. Goodness. I don't know what to think of all of this. I learned of this website last night, and I love it. Type the following into your url:

isitchristmas.com


 -----------------------------------


On another note, this kid in my ward reminds me sooo much of my nephew Oliver. He is the ward choir director. So you know what I do when I walk into choir? Look and him and smile. When I sit down to sing, I just look at him at smile. Seriously, every time I look at him, I just smile!  He probably thinks I'm some weirdo/freak. Sitting there smiling at him the whole time. I just can't help it. It kills me how much he reminds me of Oliver. I wish you all could come sit and smile in ward choir with me so you could see the resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment