Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I've got a Feeling...

This morning I woke up with a different feeling. The feeling was very familiar and I knew it from somewhere, but I could not figure it out. My windows were open and  a gust of air came through my room and I could smell the beginnings of crisp air and fall.

Was that it? Is the feeling Fall? Almost, but not exactly.

Ah. I know. I remember now.

School.

School has a very particular feel; especially the beginning of it. It's a nervous/excited/not really excited/ stomach dropping/ turning off the alarm feel. If that makes any sense.

It's going to be my senior year and I'm REALLY excited. I'm at the top of the high school chain. The big guy. The one who should know everything. This year is going to be a blast with friends, the classes i'm taking, and just having fun. I am a little nervous for this AP english class I'm taking though...I despise english. But with prayers and a little faith and help I will get through the class :)

As excited as I am about this year, I'm also about ready to break down and cry.
1) High school has gone by ridiculously fast and I don't know if I'm ready for it to be done (let's see what I say about that about a week into school. ha.) I will lose contact with most of my friends, except for through facebook. Which doesn't really count.

2) Here is the MAIN reason I'm worried. I don't know what to do afterwards. College? I'm not ready. What if I don't get into the college I have wanted to go to my whole life? I don't know what to major in. I really have no idea. I've been telling people that I've been thinking about photography, and I have, but I don't think I have what it takes to get into the program. I looked up some classes you have to take to major in it and one of them is something like 2D design and drawing. Um...yeah not good at those. At all. I'm also scared about all the other classes. Math, no good unless I really understand it. Science, really, I do not enjoy. I am not at all interested or good at it. English, I've already declared my dis-like. And with papers I have to write for different classes...ha! I'm expecting no higher than a C. The writing genes from my parents certainly did not come to me.

I'm not ready to go into the real world. But I will probably be there tomorrow the way school flies by.

No comments:

Post a Comment