Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fans? Hmmm....

I try to be nice about it. The rivalry. If I'm being honest I have to say that I do not like utah one little tiny tiny bit. I dislike them so much that whenever I refer to them I don't capitalize their name. I'm a rebel.

As frustrating as it is that we didn't win last night, I hate it when people totally bash on "their" BYU team. Sometimes I just hate BYU fans. We win - "yay! that was awesome! We're the best!" We lose - "we suck. I hate BYU. They are always terrible and disappoint me" That's how a lot of the "fans" seem to be. And it's stupid.

 Why do people pin the loss on one or two people only? It's not the teams fault, it's the punters fault. Or the quarter back made that one bad pass that completely ruined the whole game. And the running back only ran a yard on that play in the first quarter, which totally killed us.

Really? It's a game. I know it's an important, intense game and we as BYU fans want nothing more than to completely dominant utah, but we can be mature about it. I'm not saying we can't be a little disappointed or sad or frustrated, but we don't have to make rude comments about our own team. And we can have fun making little jokes and comments about utah, but don't be an idiot about it that either. I think there is a line. Maybe it's just me though.

I understand that we will all be in depression mode for the next week(possibly two), I'm in the mood myself. I wish we could have had a couple things go differently in the game in order to win. But. What happened happened.


There are jokes going around saying that we had to just end the game because we couldn't play on Sunday :) Haha, that's pretty funny.


Anyway. The point of this post isn't to sound like a brat who hates everything that people do and wants to blog about it publicly. It's simply to vent a little and share my opinion on being nice to others, especially when they are your team. The players have feelings too. They have already beat themselves up about it like crazy I'm sure. We don't need to make them feel any worse.


I love my BYU Cougs :D

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Although at this point, I am tired of the rivalry, the whole thing. So long, utah. (but that may just be the sad, sad game talking...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very good points. A fan is supportive and players are people. What a wild, wacky ending! Alas

    ReplyDelete