Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Things I've Discovered This Summer. So Far.

~ Weeks last longer during the months of summer. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes bad

~ Someone may be older than they seem to be. Then when you realize the actual age, you see it

~ There are really nice people in Oregon

~Dandelion Wine is an amazing book. And right after I finish it this time, I'm going to start right over (the post idea game from the book...)

~Macey's ice cream will always taste better than any other. Besides homemade

~ When you have to work, you get no sun. When you get no sun, you get no tan. Therefore making your red headed brother more tan than yourself when it's usually vis-versa  (spelling?)

~If you go to bed too late too many nights in a row, it starts to catch up to you. You don't feel very good

~ You must have patience if you want to do a double coat of white nail polish. I mean patience. Like....hours of drying, otherwise it smudges and doesn't look so hot

~If you want to win the pinewood derby keep the car in a block, paint it blue with yellow, orange and black stripes, glue $1.35 worth of coins to it and grease the wheels. You will win the huge piggy bank prize

~ Even if the car you wanted to seriously take a sledge hammer to two weeks ago has actually died (even though it may resurrect if we get a new engine...motor...something important), you will still miss it. Even with all it's imperfections

~ I've already said this one, but Mantua is the place to be

~Sometimes you just have to ignore other peoples comments

~It is SO darn easy to forget things during the summer. Such as: piano practice, orthodontist appointments you need to reschedule because you missed it a month ago, printing pictures for graduation announcements that still have not been sent out, etc etc

~If you watch too much a tv show in a compressed amount of time, it will end up in your dreams. Robin Hood in my case


~ I love taking pictures of people. It's just enjoyable for me. Especially kids because they usually don't worry about how they look, therefore getting better pictures. Or maybe especially kids because that's what I've mostly done. But even if they don't turn out (kids or adults), I still love doing it. Now I just need a zoom lens so I can take better candid shots :)


No comments:

Post a Comment