Saturday, July 14, 2012

Missing it already

College is on it's way. I move out in just a little over a month and I'm already missing home like crazy. I can't think about it or I really will just get a little teary eyed because of sadness. And sometimes happiness. I blame it on my lack of sleep lately...it's making me more emotional than usual. 


So I went around the house and took some pictures of a few of the things I will miss seeing everyday at the house. I know Provo is a hop skip and a jump away, but still...I won't be home. And I won't have a car to get there whenever I want to. 


Excuse the possible cheesy-ness of this post. I can see it coming out somewhere


 My porcelain dolls. I love them. I love to just look at them and (this may sound weird) figure out their personalities by there faces and clothing, hair, etc. I have given them all names, but I never remember them. The only one I know is Diane, the blue one on the top shelf. And that's because my aunt (who also collects dolls) gave her that name after my Grandmother. So it's easy to remember that one :)



 My dresser with all my random stuff on it. Jewelry, bobby pins, hair clips, tickets, boxes, chap stick, and whatever  else I randomly throw on there. I've grown to love that darn dresser with broken drawers



 This mirror goes along with my dresser pretty much. It's just random stuff I stick up there that I like. This mirror shows a little bit of me :)




 I LOVE THIS CORNER. I love when you open the door in the afternoon and light floods in perfectly. The coloring just makes me happy. And that painting...I love it. Love love love. Basically, this is the corner of love. That sounds a little weird but oh well.



Bookshelves. They can be great and they can be just eh. This is one of those great ones. Every shelf has something different for you to look at and...I don't know how to explain the greatness of this bookshelf. It's just great.




 So this I can take with me to college.....even though it's not mine. Technically it's Natalie's...I don't think she would mind if I took it with me :)   (We need an updated picture though people! SERIOUSLY. Can we do family pictures before August 22nd somehow????)




 Here is another bedroom thing I'm going to miss waking up to in the morning. The movie star pictures Grandmother drew....they are amazing. They make me want to pursue my dreams of being an artist and able to draw, paint, sketch and all that jazzy stuff. (these inspire me and Nat, who just goes out on the deck and draws a master piece in an hour...and it's not even done yet. Darn you people with artistic ability)





I really like to get the mail. That's all.




AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Pretty much I'm going to miss my room. My bedroom of alone time and refreshing blue and random pictures and stuff. How do you get alone time in college with a roommate??? I'm super excited to have roommates, but you know, sometimes you need to be by yourself. I'll find a corner on campus somewhere. For the warm weather, I'll have an outside spot, and the cold weather and inside. I'll let you know when they are found.

2 comments: