Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Fourth of July



Bethany trying to convince everyone how cool her Star Wars shirt is











The ice cream looked better in person



 Creepy Kim. That's all.





hahahahah






experimenting with the camera to get cool firework shots





I <3 U !

I O U <3 :)

this is supposed to be July 4th...i messed up


The 4th was tons of fun, with the swimming during the day, and the barbeque and fireworks at night!

The swimming was really nice. We chilled, played tag, watched people go down slides and off the diving boards. It was a good chance to catch up on my tan :) I have a nice little square tan line from the swimsuit. Super great.

The barbeque was great as well! And the homemade ice cream... That was superb. We had the usual strawberry (which is always good) and then peach. The peach... The peach... It was so dang good. Props to Alena for that. 

Then it was onto the fireworks! Always enjoyable because the kids make it enjoyable. Their reactions and excitement for them makes it a lot better. Because, as we all know, fireworks are pretty much all the same these days. But Ben taught me how to shoot fireworks with letting in the light and leaving the iris open and all that fancy Jazz (thank you Ben) and so I was able to get some fun shots. Especially with the sparklers. Next week I'm going to but a ton and then write a lot of things with them and have a sparkler party! I'm stoked. 


So with all that, and then mom calling everyone, one by one, during the Stadium of Fire so we could hear the Beach Boys and how amazing they were (yes...the parentals enjoyed the concert if you didn't know) and then ending the night with Robin Hood I consider it a successful 4th of July!


Family get together's are always good. 

1 comment: