Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bitter-Sweet

Yesterday was a day. Oh what a day.


It started off normal. Wake up, go to school, forget money for lagoon day, have someone bring it, forget to pay it before heading up to soccer game, etc etc. I went up to the semi-finals for high school soccer to watch my school (and my brother) play against their opponent. It was reeeallly hot there. And I was wearing a black jersey which put me in extra I'm going to die mode. Unfortunately, after some terrible reffing (I know, everyone says that, but this time I am telling the truth with all my heart) we lost 1-0. We did score a goal, but the ref called it off sides. The rest of the game I was wondering how in the heck that could be since there was a huge cluster of soccer players down right by the darn goal in a little mosh pit when the goal was scored. WHAT????? How is that off sides?!?! (<---- what you are wondering right now) That's exactly what I (and everyone else) was thinking too. It was ridiculous. On the bright side, I did see a boy from another team that I had seen a couple months back that I thought was cute. And he cut his hair which makes him a lot more so.


So, I was hot, sweaty and felt and looked super great. Then we (me, mom, sister) went shopping and I didn't really find anything. It didn't help that I looked amazing and the florescent light just made everything look amazing (I have a post just on florescent lighting coming soon).  But this little section of the post doesn't really have anything to do with the day. Time to move on!


My very last choir concert was then later that night (meaning last night). I have been very ready to be done with choir for a while, it is just surprisingly really exhausting. So I was ready to be done with this concert. One of the songs we sang was Come Thou Fount and that is just an amazing song. I love it. When the piano started to play it my mouth started to quiver right along with in. What is happening? Then my eyes started to tear up a tiny bit. What. The. Heck. Then the girls were supposed to start to sing. Let me tell you, it was the hardest thing for me to open my mouth. I just could not do it. It was open about a centimeter so that it looked like I was attempting to sing but I couldn't get those long, correct vowels to come out. the Girls then stop singing and there is a little piano part. I was able to calm myself down and be somewhat normal. Then those darn men came in and started to sing. Boom. There I went. I started to quiver my lip and water my eyes all over again. It's the men's voices. They just do that to you sometimes. By the end of the song I was crying and sniffling and feeling stupid. Then my choir director started to speak to the crowd and starting crying also. why the heck are you crying?!?!?!? You are making me cry even more! She then announced the last song, Go Ye Now in Peace and I continued to cry even more through out that song. Then, then, (this is the really embarrassing part) we finished and I just broke down and was having this little freak out. I do not know what came over me. I was crying like none other and trying to laugh about it which made me heave and sob and look like and idiot even more. After giving hugs to a number of people I finally started to calm down and the tears where gone. Then I looked over at my friend, Ethan. He was crying pretty hard and I thought that was the cutest thing ever (because I didn't expect him to cry) and so it made me explode in tears yet again.


After all the crying was done and I decided that I had no more tears left me and my friends Jess and Sarah went to yogurt land to kind of drown our sorrows in frozen yogurt. (before we went we stopped by my house and my parents had gotten me a bouquet of flowers! They are really pretty, thank you mom and dad!). We pull up to yogurtland and as we go find a place to park we pass this black kid and I was like hey...I know you...  So after we park I quickly turn around and on the curb I see Matt Carlino and the black kid was Anson Winder. Haha! The last time I saw them was at yogurtland too and I was frozen in my chair. This time I was thinking... I'm almost in college. Going to BYU in fact. I need to get used to seeing people I consider famous just because they are on the football or basketball team.  I don't need to freak out. Just get out of the car, walk past them, into yogurtland and pray that they see you. Well, I know that Winder saw me but I don't know about Carlino. Hopefully :)


And there is my bitter-sweet day. I think I'm over it now.


The frozen yogurt was delicious.






2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you went with your friends, because I wouldn't have taken you to yogurt land! Ha ha. The concert was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great concert Caitlin. I felt like crying too knowing this was my last MT View choir performance that included one of my children. Sad day but happy too!

    ReplyDelete