Monday, May 7, 2012

A Ball? I Long for a Ball!



If there is one thing I could choose to do before I die I would choose to have a Ball.
(well, maybe not the one thing. On a list of 13 things to do before I do though....)

The kind where the girls dress up in fancy old style dresses with hair up in curls and maybe a feather in the hair also (I would pick pearl pins to be in my hair though), and the guys wear long white socks with pants that come below the knee and a scarf type thing for a tie all done in a knot around that high collar.


Everyone would know the dances to every song and there would be at least one couple who comes away from the Ball feeling confused about each other and then realize they love one another. Or at least are interested.




There would be dancing in one room ( of course), a room to drink your punch, a room to eat little pastries, a room where the men could go talk and not smoke, and then a room with card games (not gambling card games, just good fun ones), and also Bunco would be played as well (again, not the gambling version).


It would be a a big house that could easily be decorated for the perfect ball. With winding stairs and fun patterns in the floor and maybe some weird paintings on the ceiling of one of the rooms. The grounds would be amazing too.

Of course, you can't have a Ball without music! We would definitely have a live little orchestra playing at the front of the dancing hall.


The atmosphere needs to be the atmosphere of a real ball. Not a fake one that's put on just for fun. I know the movies aren't exact, but kind of like the movies. The feel of it. it's not fake. It's real. I have no idea if that makes sense, but I hope it does. This kind of goes along with the fact that it needs to be in a real house/mansion, not a cultural hall at the church or a building at a school.


Everyone would be learning all the different dances for about two weeks before the ball. If they don't show up for a class, then they can't dance that dance. But if this was my ball, everyone would show up and learn how to dance every dance.


You wouldn't just get your friends in on it, but a whole bunch of people. Like a ton of people. People other people don't even know. People I, if I was putting the ball on, don't even know.

It would be a major success and would become something we did every 2 or 3 years.


If I wanted to go all the way, this ball would be done somewhere in the UK. Possibly in London.


Let's have a ball!

2 comments: