Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nutrition Boy

At the beginning of the semester there was a cute boy I noticed sitting by me in the hall as I was waiting  for my class to start. Turns out, we were in the same class! Nutrition. He asked me a question about the schedule, and I answered, then went back to my own thing.


Stupidest idea ever you guys.


I had a chance to talk to him, ask him his name, where he's from...you know, all those questions you ask someone when you meet them at college. But I didn't. I was feeling sick and wasn't in the mood for talking. Let me tell you, I should have forced myself to be in the mood for talking.


This boy then became known as "Nutrition Boy" to roommates, friends, and family members.

Most of the time both of us would be out in the hall for 45 minutes before class started. I wanted to talk to him, but of course I couldn't. I was too scared and nervous. I had PLENTY of chances to go sit next to him and say something. PLEN-TY! And I took none of them!!! None!!!

I would text my friend Sarah and she would give me pep talks trying to get me to talk to him (we seriously went through the same conversation every Tuesday and Thursday). He probably thought I was a texting maniac because I was always texting her! Little did he know, it was all about him! Obviously the pep talks didn't work. Still too scared.  (They were absolutely hilarious though)


Then I saw him a couple times in another building after a class on Friday. Still didn't say anything.



Wimp.


On the last day of nutrition I had my last chance. And I had a chance. And guess what happened? Nothing. (I feel like Elder Calhoun - woot woot if you get that reference).



I went back to my apartment. Cried to my roommates about my stupidness (I didn't really cry, just complained). I was never going to see him again.

"If you see him again, you'll know it's a sign and you have to talk to him!" (a roommate)


Tuesday I went to the gym. Sitting there at one of the weights...I look to my right and what. do. you know. There he was. I quickly look straight ahead, pulled out my phone, and texted Sarah (of course!)


Now talk about a heart attack! You guys! Of all the times to go to the gym...we were there at the same time.  I wonder if he saw/recognized me. Hm.




I wish this story ended how I wanted it to end. I wish I could tell you his name and where he was from. But I have no idea.



I can tell you one thing - if I see him in a year and a half and he doesn't have a ring on his finger (which he probably will) then I will maybe possibly could potentially actually say something to him. If I get the courage up to do so.




No promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment