Friday, July 29, 2011

All For the Want of Ice Cream

Today I was craving an ice cream cone from Maceys. Why? They are GOOOD. And, their small is like a medium/large. It's grand. Anyway. I was trying to get my brother to come with me ( i payed if he drove). He said yes. BUT, then he decided he didn't have time. I said I would go by myself then. So I went.

I started driving and the car felt a little weird, but that was pretty normal because it's an old grandpa car (it really is, we got it from my grandparents). I ignored it.

BAD IDEA.

I was turning on the street to go to Macey's when my car started to SQUEEEEEEK. Loud. Like, really loud. I was thinking to myself "what. the. heck. This is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me all summer. Why now?" then after that I though "And what is going on??" So I pulled over to the side of the road and called my dad, got out of the car, walked around...everything looked normal. My dad didn't know what it was either. He told me just to drive home.

driving all the way back home in that loud junkish car? still embarrassing...but alright dad, I will do it.

I continue driving and the squeeking continues (remember, it's LOUD. Like siren loud). The car in front of me must have thought I was an undercover cop or something because he PULLED OVER! Haha! Who can say they have pulled a car over with out being a police officer of any sort? I can. I just drove right past that man. No, I most definitely did NOT make eye contact with him.

In the mean time there was this guy behind me that kept looking at my car weird (I can't imagine why).

Then I stopped at a stop light and noticed the emergency brakes were on.

DUh.

I immediately took it off and waited for the light to turn green. That guy was still looking at my car weird. Then he leaned over and was looking at my car weird. I turn to my right. I see smoke coming from my car. GREEEAAATTT.

Light turns green, I drive a sec then pull over and get out. Guy still looking at my car weird as he drives by. Then looks in his rear view mirror to see if I needed assistance, but keeps going. Which is fine with me. If he would have been a strapping young lad then I might have been a bit more upset that he didn't stop.

So I called my dad and told him the problem and he said to wait 5 to 10 minutes. I did. It was hot. The AC smelt like burnt rubber.

Then I drove home.

Without my ice cream cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment