Friday, September 18, 2015

Starting Back Up.

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Malachi 3:16

I came across that verse as I was reading this one:

Call your solemn assemblies, and speak often one to another. And let every man call upon the name of the Lord.
Doctrine and Covenants 133:6


As I read these verses a thought struck me. It is so important to talk about the gospel among ourselves. It is mean to be included in every aspect of our lives. It is not just for Sundays or Wednesday nights.  It is meant for every day conversation. We should talk about the Creation, the Fall, the Atonement, the last days, the Second Coming, the Millennium...
We should talk about how the gospel has strengthened us, how to apply gospel principles, what joy comes into our every day life because of our Savior...

So why are we sometimes hesitant to do so? There are multiple reasons. 


I am determined to get rid of those reasons one by one. I will start off with a prayer for courage. 


I have learned a lot over the past while and I am in the process of coming to understand so much more. A way for me to get it down in writing and share my thoughts and beliefs is through this blog. Even if no one reads it, I will have it for my personal records to look back on. 

I had decided I was not going to go back to blogging after I completed my mission. Until today. But I am not going to use this blog as an "every day" blog like it was, but a record of my thoughts relating to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 



The Gospel is true. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you back and your thoughts are so pertinent!

    ReplyDelete