Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Word of Wisdom

I believe in it.

Whole heartedly.


I have so many thoughts on it, but I will just share my most recent.


As I was reading through Doctrine and Covenants section 89 today (for the millionth time with more to go), I read verse 10:

"And again, Verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man - "

I thought what exactly does it mean for our "constitution?" So. I looked up the word constitution. 


I found two definitions that I particularly liked. 
           "The physical character of the body as to strength, health, etc"
And the definition medically and in psychology
"The aggregate of a person's physical and psychological characteristics."


This is one of those thoughts that is not yet fully formed, but it is taking me somewhere. You've all had those and know what it's like, yeah? Yeah. 


I am so grateful for the word of wisdom and I KNOW there are so many blessings that come from following it. And not only following the "do nots" but the "dos!" as well! I wish I was better and following it more fully. Thankfully we have the opportunity to try harder each day. We don't have to be perfect, but we need to continue to try. Just like any other commandment, it takes courage to follow. And again, it takes courage to not only follow the "do nots", but most definitely the "dos" as well. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment