Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ride, ride, ride your bike

Since the beginning of last semester I've seen lots of bikers around campus. It's normal. And sometimes I wish I was one of them. But that's not the point of this post.

I have seen a fairly decent amount of those bikers - all male bikers - who wear their right pant leg up. It's just folded up to the knee. Randomly. I see them everywhere.


I want to know what's going on. Are they all friends? Did a couple of guys decide to do it and other guys just caught on and joined? Does it mean they're single? Maybe it's a way to subtly let all the girls know.


I think we've got ourselves a biker gang here at the Y. And it's not just a one person gang I'm seeing everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I believe it is so their pant legs don't get caught in the chain or so their pants don't get dirty because of riding in the snow/mud, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS so it doesn't get caught in the chain. Some people roll up the leg of their pants and some go to the trouble of finding and buying this little elastic-y strap to tie around their ankle to make their pant leg not so flappy and easily caught.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. That's not as exciting as I was hoping. But it definitely makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete