Saturday, June 9, 2012

I'm feeling brilliant

Today I decided to make cupcakes.


On Tuesday I made cupcakes too, but they turned out terrible. Word to the wise, never make really good, light and fluffy white cake into cupcakes. They do not turn out...it's best to just keep it as a good cake.


But today I had success. I made a the "Sinful Chocolate Cupcakes" from the cook book "Chocolate Never Faileth" and it's quick, easy, and tastes good. I baked mine just a tiny tad too much. Then I tried this sour cream chocolate frosting. The original was decent but it was a little too bitter, so I took the liberty of adding some vanilla. Now, you need to understand that I've never done anything like this before...just adding things because I think it needs it. I follow the recipe and if it works it works, if it doesn't then....it sits in the fridge for weeks. Anyway. I added some vanilla. Tasted it to almost perfection (I think I put in just a tiny bit too much). Then I was like Hey...lets make a mint sample. So I did that and it was decent...but not amazing. And it wouldn't work with the cupcake I was going for (I forgot to mention, I added a vanilla pudding filling in these). Then I had my brilliant idea. I added coconut extract to a little sample. It works superbly with the whole pudding and chocolate cake and everything.

 It made me feel really cool.

I'm trying to enjoy the little pleasures in life. . .  :)


Pictures to come

2 comments:

  1. Your on the way to the makings of a great student of the kitchen arts!

    ReplyDelete